dali, tarot gift set
Legend has it that when preparing props for the James Bond film Live and Let Die, producer Albert Broccoli commissioned Surrealist maestro Salvador Dalí to create a custom deck of tarot cards. Inspired by his wife Gala, who nurtured his interest in mysticism, Dalí eagerly got to work, and continued the project of his own accord when the contractual deal fell through.
TASCHEN resurrects all 78 cards in a fresh celebration of Dalí’s inimitable custom set, complete with a book by renowned German tarot author Johannes Fiebig. The Salvador Dalí.
Card Gift Set includes:
- A lavishly illustrated book in English, French and German.
- Deck of 78 Dalí-designed tarot cards.
- An introduction to Dalí’s life and the project’s making-of.
- A comprehensive explanation of each card’s composition, its meaning, and practical advice.
- Step-by-step instructions on how to perform readings.
- A jargon-free approach simplifying tarot for the newcomer.
- Comes in a lavish, collectors item box that keeps everything together neatly.